Vitreo Retina Treatment
The Retina is the light-sensitive layer of tissues at the back of the eye. The image is actually perceived here. .
Photosensitive cells known as rods and cones in the retina convert incident light rays into signals and carry it to the brain by the optic nerve The vitreous is the clear gel like substance that fills the back of the eye. Diseases of the retina can affect any age.
Who can Develop Vitreo Retinal Disease?
- Premature infants can be affected by a disease known as Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP).
- Age and Heredity can cause degradations in the retina - especially to the central most sensitive part called 'macula'.
- 'Retinal Detachment'a condition in which the retina detaches from the back of the eye. It is common in persons having high minus number (Myopia).
- The Vitreous gel can become opaque due to blood - a condition called 'Vitreous hemorrhage’ this condition can occur in diabetes, following injury and in other conditions too.
- Diabetics are more likely to develop a number of visual disorders than non-diabetic people.About 80% of diabetic patients are affected. Longer the duration of diabetes, greater are the chances of eye disease. Diabetic retinopathy is a condition in which the blood vessels deteriorate and can no longer supply oxygen and nutrients to retina.There are bleeding spots and deposits of fatty material with swelling of retina resulting in low vision or blindness due to severe bleeding into the vitreous inside the eye.
Usually DR is symptomless; some patients have low or foggy vision. Some may have normal vision until they bleed. It is essential that diabetics undergo a routine checkup every six months irrespective of the symptoms
Vitreo Retinal Treatment in Pune
- Diabetic Eye care
- Retinal Detachment Surgeries
- Management of general Retinal Diseases
- Ocular HIV – Medical and Surgical management of CMV Retinitis
- ILM peeling macular holes
- Dye enhanced Viterectomy
- Age related macular degeneration including Photo Dynamic Therapy
- Repositioning of dislocated IOL's
- To restore lost vision as a result of traction retinal detachment.
- To repair very large tears in the retina .
- Greatly improve visual acuity in many people who are suffering from serious eye issues like.
- Diabetic vitreous hemorrhage.
- Macular hole.
- Macular degeneration.
- Diabetic retinopathy.
- Detached retina.
- CMV retinitis .
- Diabetic retinopathy is symptomless.
- When marked visual impairment is present, it may be too late for effective treatment.
- Early detection of these changes is possible only by periodic examination by an eye specialist.
- Early detection could avoid grave complications.
- All patients having Myopia More Than Minus 3 Should Get Retinal Examination Done .